Ryan-Thomas Shaw / Android Authority
Welcome to the OnePlus Nord N10 and OnePlus Nord N100 update hub. Here you’ll find all the latest information about new and historical software updates for the budget Nord duo. We’ll list the current software version for the phones and regularly update the hub as and when new updates roll out.
Like other OnePlus phones, the Nord N10 and Nord N100 run on Oxygen OS, the company’s home-baked Android skin. Oxygen OS is known for fast updates, so be sure to bookmark this page and drop by often.
- Current stable version for Nord N10: Android 11
- Current stable version for Nord N100: Android 10
- When will the OnePlus Nord N10 and Nord N100 receive Android 12? Android 11 will be the last major update for the Nord N10 and N100.
Latest OnePlus Nord N10 and N100 updates
Update: July 26, 2021: OnePlus is finally rolling out the Android 11-based Oxygen OS 11 update for the OnePlus Nord N10. The update carries version numbers 11BE89BA, 11BE86AA, and 11BE89BA in the EU, North America, and Turkey, respectively. You can see the complete changelog for the update below.
- Updated to OxygenOS 11 version
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
- Since this is a big Android update with multiple new features, the upgrade process might be a little longer, please be more patient.
- Updated Android security patch to 2021.06
- Updated the camera UI and optimized some of the function paths to offer more convenient operation
- Newly added HEVC codec to reduce video storage size seamlessly, capture and shoot more without compromising on quality
- Newly added access to a third-party app to share the picture by pressing and holding it in preview
- Newly added the quick access to recording mode by pressing and holding the shutter button and by sliding the button, you can easily zoom in or zoom out
- Newly added the playback display in Time-lapse mode to show the actual filming time
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock on ambient display)
- Newly added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone (Path: Settings > Customization > Wallpaper > Canvas > Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically）
- Newly added Gaming Tools box for convenient switches of Pro Gaming Mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads up and block just for your immersive gaming experience
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for WhatsApp and INS (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out
- Added a shortcut for Dark Mode, you can pull down the Quick Settings panel and find it
- Supported automatically enable by time range (path: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range)
To check if an update is available, head to Settings > System > System updates on your device.
Previous OnePlus Nord N10 and N100 updates
May 24, 2021: OnePlus started rolling out OxygenOS 10.5.14 for the Nord N10. The release included the Android security patches for May 2021, fixes for known issues, system stability improvements, and connectivity optimizations. A similar update rolled out to the OnePlus Nord N100. The update (OxygenOS 10.5.10 in EU and OxygenOS 10.5.8 in NA) included the latest security patches, bug fixes, and improvements.
April 14, 2021: OnePlus Nord N10 and N100 received a new Oxygen OS update with some network and system improvements. The update came bundled with the March 2021 Android security patch. Other changes in the update included improved power consumption, improved system stability, improved performance and stability over Wi-Fi transfer, and improved stability of communication and the 5G network.
March 29, 2021: The Nord N100 gained a new software version. Numbered as Oxygen OS 10.5.8 in the EU and 10.5.6 in North America, the update brought more improvements to system power consumption and the February 2021 Android security patch.
February 20, 2021: OnePlus rolled out extensive updates to both the OnePlus Nord N10 and Nord N100. The former received Oxygen OS 10.5.10 in the EU and 10.5.11 in other markets. The update brought the February 2021 Android security patch and a few system optimizations. The Nord N100 gained Oxygen OS 10.5.7 in the EU and 10.5.5 in North America. It brought power consumption improvements, the January 2021 Android security patch, and improvements to system stability.
January 10, 2021: OnePlus Nord N10 received Oxygen OS 10.5.9. It was a light update, touching on system performance improvements and network stability.
December 22, 2020: OnePlus updated the Nord N10 with Oxygen OS 10.5.8. The update addressed system issues, camera performance, and network stability. It also included the December Android security patch. OnePlus rolled out software version 10.5.5 in Europe and 10.5.4 in North America to OnePlus Nord N100 devices. The update brought the December 2020 Android security patch, power consumption improvements, a new quick settings button, bug fixes, and much more.
November 10, 2020: OnePlus dished out the first update for the OnePlus Nord N10 5G for users in Europe. Oxygen OS 10.5.5 brought improved power consumption, camera performance, and the November Android security patch to the device.
November 3, 2020: OnePlus rolled out Oxygen OS 10.5.1 to the Nord N100 on November 3. The update largely focused on streamlining system functionality and specific apps. Tweaks were made to Wi-Fi transfers, Bluetooth, and the camera app. The Nord N100’s screen “touch and interaction experience” was also improved with this update.
That’s all the updates we know about for now.