One of Huawei’s top smartphones is the foldable Huawei P50 Pocket. After selling out swiftly in its first sales, Huawei JD’s flagship store shows that Huawei P50 Pocket is available again. The 8GB + 256GB version of this foldable smartphone is selling for 8,988 yuan ($1,420). The first official sales of this foldable smartphone took place at the end of December 2021. According to the sales report, this device sold out within seconds. The swift sales caused third-party platforms to start selling this smartphone at almost twice the original price.
If you have an interest in this device, you can go to the Huawei flagship store at JD.com to place an order. This is Huawei’s first foldable screen flagship that uses vertical folding. It uses a new generation of water drop hinges, which presents a nearly seamless visual effect after folding while achieving a slim body thickness. The thickness is 7.2mm when unfolded and only 15.2mm when folded, making it sturdy and reliable.
In terms of core configuration, Huawei P50 Pocket uses a 6.9-inch flexible OLED screen with a screen ratio of 21:9, a 120Hz refresh rate, and a 300Hz game-level touch sampling rate. This smartphone also supports 1440Hz high-frequency PWM dimming. Under the hood, it comes with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 flagship processor. In the camera department, this device uses a triple rear camera setup. To keep its lights on, there is a 4000 mAh battery that supports 40W fast charge.
In addition, there is a secondary screen on the back of the P50 Pocket, called “Smart External Screen”, which supports a variety of custom themes, supports HarmonyOS universal cards, and can answer calls, take quick selfies and more.
Huawei P50 Pocket specifications
As one of Huawei’s best flagship phones for taking pictures, the P50 Pocket uses a three-camera combination which includes a 40-megapixel main camera + 13-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera + 32-megapixel super-spectral camera. This device also adds XD Fusion Pro technology to make the image more natural.
- 6.9-inch (2790 x 1188 Pixels) FHD+ OLED display with 120Hz refresh rate, 300Hz touch sampling rate, 1440 Hz high-frequency PWM dimming, DCI-P3 colour gamut, up to 1.07 billion colours
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 4G 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB RAM with 256GB storage / 12GB RAM with 512GB storage
- Android-based EMUI 12 (Global) / HarmonyOS 2 (China)
- Dual SIM
- 40MP True-Chroma Camera with f/1.8 aperture, 13MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 32MP Ultra Spectrum Camera with f/1.8 aperture
- 10.7MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C Audio
- Dimensions: 170 (87.3 when folded) ×75.5 ×7.2 (15.2 when folded) mm; Weight: 190g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2 LE, GPS (L1 + L5 Dual band), NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C (GEN1)
- 4000mAh (typical) battery with 40W HUAWEI SuperCharge wired fast charging