Jimmy Westenberg / Android Authority
- Google has posted the changelog for its March 2022 system update.
- It includes bug fixes for Android phones and adds new features to the Google Play Store.
- The update started rolling out on March 1.
Google has detailed all the changes coming with its March 2022 system update.
Google regularly updates Android devices, including tablets, Android TV and Google TV devices, Android Auto-enabled vehicles, Wear OS devices, and Chrome OS devices. These system updates target the Android operating system, Google Play Store, and Google Play Services.
Previously, there was no way of tracking the contents of these updates, but Google now shares a detailed description each month.
For March 2022, Google is issuing bug fixes addressing device connectivity, developer services, safety and emergency, and more. The Play Store is also getting some new features. However, the changelog (see below) reads pretty much the same as the February update.
Google System Update March 2022
- (Auto, Phone, Tablet, TV, Wear OS) Bug fixes for device connectivity, developer services, safety & emergency, and utilities-related services.
- (Phone, TV) With the update to the Play Games Services profile, users will be able to better manage their privacy settings.
Google Play Store
- Improvements to Play-as-you-download feature to let gamers start playing mobile games while the app download continues to reduce waiting times.
- New Features to help you discover the Apps & Games you love.
- Optimizations allowing faster and more reliable download and installation.
- New features to the Play Pass and Play Points programs.
- Enhancements to Google Play Billing.
- Continuous improvements to Play Protect to keep your device safe.
- Various performance optimizations, bug fixes and improvements to security, stability and accessibility.
- (Phone) Improved user experience and feature education for NFC/HCE-enabled devices.
- Updates to system management services that improve device connectivity, network usage, stability, security and updatability.
- New developer features for Google and third-party app developers to support ads, accessibility, analytics & diagnostics and machine learning & AI, and security & privacy-related developer services in their apps.
Updates to Google Play services will come with version 22.09, while the Google Play Store will gain the update via version 29.5.